Parking Lot Improvements
- The Shops at Hilltop has retrofitted its entire parking lot with LED lighting.
- Parking lot light sensors are now equipped to turn the lights off during daylight hours.
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations are slated to be installed.
- Short- and long-term bicycle parking.
- On-site public transit. Pick up points for rideshare (Lyft, Uber, etc.).
- Shuttle planned from The Shops at Hilltop to Richmond Station (BART, Amtrak) and the new Richmond Ferry Terminal.
- As landscaping is replaced, low-water use landscaping will be planted in its place.
- Two acres of parking lot pavement will be transformed into a grass park and amphitheater space.
- Close proximity to bicycle and walking trails at Hilltop Lake Park.
Common Area Improvements
- The complete interior common area of The Shops at Hilltop will be retrofitted with LED lighting.
- Replace existing electric-powered fountain/water feature, The Shops at Hilltop will feature a Zen Garden space for visitors to enjoy.
- The Shops at Hilltop is also planning the installation of new energy efficient skylight domes.
- Low water consumption plumbing fixtures in renovated and new restrooms.
- Low VOC (volatile organic compounds) in new paints and coatings, carpeting and resilient flooring systems.
- As roofs are replaced going forward, The Shops at Hilltop will be installing Thermoplastic Polyolefin, or TPO, roofing.
- A roof top solar power system is also under consideration.
- New, energy-efficient rooftop cooling towers and air handling units.
- At The Shops at Hilltop, Macy’s operates on solar power. Future solar power planned for Walmart.
- By code, new stores joining The Shops at Hilltop will be required to have energy efficient buildouts.